Monday, March 31, 2014

New assemblage art ~ using architectural salvage, vintage hardware, and wire

 Ramping up for my first show of the year ~ "The Fancy Flea" vintage home and garden market which is coming up the last weekend in April!
Since I've been coming across so many vintage roller skates lately, I was delighted to find how well they work as an  assemblage base.
The possibilities for old wood molding pieces are endless, and they highlight bits of rusty metal salvage and hardware perfectly.

Oh so F-U-N-K-Y !!!  These are great for hanging long necklaces and other stuff.
I LoVe this chippy white vintage ceiling light which offers the perfect stand for multiple display ideas--it would be great with a glass cloche but I couldn't resist adding a wire cage and nest.



3 comments:

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I always love seeing your Sassy creations.
Best wishes at the Fancy Flea...hope you sell a bunch!

White Lace and Promises said...

Love your designs.

Ellie said...

You continue to amaze me with your creations. Thanks for sharing.