Saturday, January 15, 2011

Primitive jewelry tree

Take one chippy old door panel......add a twisty wire tree......and you have a funky and functional jewelry holder for hanging on the wall.

I added a wire vine to wind around it for more interest, which provides little places to hang rings and bracelets.

With the addition of a wire vine hanger at the top--it's ready to hang and display all my jewels---of which I have very few. This is probably the sum total of my collection (except for the boxes of vintage bits and pieces I have collected over the years to "do something with someday")

**I will probably list it on my Etsy---that is if I can force myself spend another hour in front of this computer today! The ice is melting, and if I stick to the main roads, I think I can safely venture out today! I am SO ready after a week of cabin fever!!



13 comments:

Here On Crow Creek said...

I love the tree. Anything rustic gets my attention and its a beauty! Im NC here and I finially got out of the house yesterday. I didnt know how to act. It was so nice after a week to finially get out of the house! You be safe out there and enjoy your day!

A Wild Thing said...

Makes my fingers ache to see all the wire twisting...what is it about the rusty ol' wire that mesmerizes. I love using it as bails on my many projects, right now I'm making magnetic note hangers on old metal roofing shingles, I'll post pics next week.

I think we may achieve a little bit of a thaw today as well, however, it makes little matter to us, as winter's here to stay until spring! But I'll venture out tomorrow for a lil' pickin'...can't stop us hardy Northuners...ha!

s

Unknown said...

love love love your vision and creations. this one especially speaks to me as it may be a way to keep my jewelry displayed but my cats perplexed:)

Dorthe said...

It is a wonderfull idea,- looks great, and a whole lot of work, I can imagine!
xo,dORTHE

House and Garden Boutique said...

Oh, that is so nice looking! I just love it.......I still ou and ah over my silver teapot I got from you last summer. Will you have this jewelry holder at Lakewood 400 this month?

bunnytrails said...

So cute! I love it! I have made various things with wire, my favorite being a bird's nest. Look forward to seeing your future creations!! By the way, send some of that snow to Texas!!

Prior said...

I really love iT! Lezlee

The Feathered Nest said...

This is AMAZING Nancy!!!! I just love it...it's really such a piece of art you know ~ I hope you are doing wonderful!! hugs and love, Dawn

21 Wits said...

Wow this is cool all by itself and hanging on one's front door! Very nice!

The Charm House said...

Love what you are creating!!
Yvette

trash talk said...

Wouldn't be you without twisted wire...you should hold the patent on it!
Debbie
P.S. Maybe I need to start calling you Twisted Sister!

trash talk said...

P.P.S. Love, love, triple love the new header!

countrycharisma said...

Nancy, that is a GREAT piece! There are thousands of ladies that would love to have that for their jewelry, including me! You need to get a patent on that and reproduce it! I know you like to do one-of-a-kind creations, but that is the bomb, and you're the artist! LOVE IT! carrell