Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Renninger's in Mt. Dora, FL

What a TOTALLY gorgeous weekend it was to be in FL for the extravaganza! The weather was perfect, and I had a blast hanging out with my friend Sharon, who had a booth there.

This show has it all--from large architectural pieces (wish I'd bought that cool door I passed up) to tiny vintage watch faces (shoulda bought more of those) this show has whatever you're looking for, and there's even lots of stuff at affordable prices--now THAT'S refreshing!


There's some shabby, but not too much.

At this show the dealers spread out over vast acreage, so you have to do LOTS of walking!!

There's a huge regular farmer/flea market up on the hill every weekend, and in front of the show grounds is a building full of inside dealers, and dealers who have these cute little shops built in a village.......


....which is where I met my new friends Ryan and Nicole Kramer of PRISM. They have a wonderful mix of vintage furniture and treasures in their two shops, and they will also do custom work if you don't see what you are looking for.

Aren't they cute? Be sure to stop in and say "HI" (prism.antiques@gmail.com).

**This part of Renninger's is open EVERY weekend, along with the farmer/flea market, but the ANTIQUE SHOW is on the THIRD weekend of the month, and the EXTRAVO'S are only in Nov, Jan, and Feb.....it's very hard to do the show, etc in one day, if you really want to see it all.


I thought these corbels were priced pretty fair (considering that corbels are apparently worth more than gold now), but I forgot to go back and get them!.....sometimes it can be tough to blog and shop at the same time.

How funny is this dealer's sign?!

And his unique way to keep his rings from disappearing!

Now here's an idea......have a shirt made up advertising what you collect!! I doubt I could describe what I look for on the back of a t-shirt!

Cool iron griffins!

I really wanted this cute little cupboard, but it was a bit pricey.

These dealers were set up at the Country Living Fair last month.

Love this cool old door!


Sharon brought some of her awesome creations....like these beeswax/cinnamon apples and pears....


....and these thin black soaps in cool wrappings....and this neat vintage light fixture cloche (it later blew over in the wind and broke----what a shame--outside shows can be frustrating)


These pocket watch casings were 15.00 each, but I found a few for 5.00-- and there were little vintage watch faces that were 1.00 each!


I'm DEFINITELY going to try some of these lamp shades with vines woven in.....but wouldn't the leaves burn?

I loved the green floats......and all the vintage hardware--which is where I always get into trouble---you can never have enough hardware, and it isn't exactly cheap!


The next Renninger's EXTRAVO'S are in Jan. and Feb., and they say there are a lot more dealers than in Nov!
The pickin' was pretty good, so I plan to get back down there at least one of those months! (It's a little tricky finding a nice hotel, and they raise the prices for the show weekend)

8 comments:

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Oh I see a lot of wonderfull TREASUREA out there. Thank You for the tour....Julian

time worn interiors said...

Looks like some great stuff! I haven't been there for several years, but I would love to go back!
Theresa
aka:TOT

A Treasured Past said...

Wow, what a novel way to display the rings, great idea.Looks like an interesting show. We don't have anything like that in Australia, if we did it would be pricey. Take care, Tamara

Sylvia said...

My friends and I always plan for the BIG Rennigers Extravaganza every year and have a blast! Our drive is about 2 hours so we make sure we stop at Home Goods on the way back and have a nice dinner afterwards. What did you buy?

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having a great time,I also have got to get down there for one of the extravaganzas,[that dealers sign what a hoot]Miss you at Lakewood,Martha did such a fantastic job,her snowmen were the hit of the show Hope the new job is going well Happy Thanksgiving
Peg

Junknista said...

Jealous! Would love to have been there!

A Wild Thing said...

Oh lady thou dost tempt...yer killin me here Sass!!!

s
aka:nut

Unknown said...

Hi, What a great place to shop...I'd need a couple of trailers (and a divorce lawyer) in tow! Just thought I would mention I have used curly willow to weave a lampshade (you can look here http://www.flickr.com/photos/24113698@N08/4566873568/in/set-72157613412027029/). It was fine, but at the time I used a small wattage bulb. Now that we have the new light bulbs, they don't give out heat. Should be no problem even with high watt. Good Luck!