Saturday, May 8, 2010

Simplicity continued.......Tin Flowers

With the show just around the corner, and having spent so much time on the road, I need to do quick and easy projects using materials I have on hand........so....using lamp parts, tart tins, jello molds, and some hardware----it just takes a little time to make some fun metal flowers.

Just cut with tin snips, drill holes if needed, paint and assemble. (I am going to do additional ones in different colors and distress them more)

OK, now how can I use them? How about in a funky garland, or on garden stakes..... or maybe wire some into the spaces of a bare lampshade..... or I'm leaning towards attaching one each on some wire flower pot shaped baskets I have and hanging them upside down as covers on the bulbs of a string of outdoor patio lights.

Pricing logistics have to be considered at this point--I love the idea of putting them on a bare lampshade, but I would have to use lots of them on one project, and the price would be high with all of them tied up in one piece. Same with the garland, unless you sell each cover separately. The way to make the most profit on them would be to sell them as they are by the piece, and just display them in an interesting way, but it's much more fun to give them a function! For the most awesome artwork around using vintage metal "junk" for flowers, visit Alice and Jay (march post).

9 comments:

Recaptured Charm said...

I can think of so many uses for these flowers, they're really great! Embellishing a picture frame too!
Great Job.
Lisa

Annesphamily said...

Gorgeous!

vintagesue said...

you amaze me completely. i ADORE what you create. those flowers are soooo cool. thanks for sharing.
sue

Anonymous said...

These are so unique and certainly inspire me -- I'm going to follow you and I invite you to do the same. Anyway -- I think I would like to see these used in a group of some sort to create a larger impact. I very much like the idea of using them in the garden. I'll be curious to see where they go. Please keep us posted on this project!

Angela said...

You know, a lot of us can see more obvious uses and new purposes for things, but your ability goes beyond most anyone else. I've noticed that you consistently show very unique creations. You use a lot of the same things, but the end product is very special.
These are great!!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Spectacular!
those turned out so great.
Love that you sprayed them white...but i bet they'd look just as cute, left unpainted...you didn't show a picture of the complete flowers unpainted...

The Feathered Nest said...

These are WONDERFUL!!! I always love visiting....your imagination never quits!! I hope you have a great show this weekend, hugs and love, Dawn

bonFlourish.blogspot.com said...

You are amazing. I love your creations!!! Thank you for sharing.

D. Jean Quarles said...

Those are amazing. I love the end result!