Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Photo prism project

These are a few of the finished prisms on a darker background that allows them to show up a little better..........(I added this photo later so it posted first--too lazy to do it all over, and haven't yet figured out how to edit existing posted photos--don't think you can on Blogspot, can you?)




I found these large glass prisms at an antique show last weekend--they are about 6" x 31/2" in size.




Used vintage architectural photos for the theme. Just cut out copies of your favorite photos, and decoupage them on the back, then add the wire and embellishments---I can't decide whether to add more hanging tiny stuff to them. (That is the fun part of blogging, you can see how it looks published, and make changes later if needed)








I can see a tiny old photo tucked into the wire on the front, or maybe some little dried flowers---By show time at Lakewood, I should have them adorned with all kinds of little treasures. (These were a little hard to photograph--don't forget you can click on the picture to enlarge)







6 comments:

countrycharisma said...

Hey Nancy. Your prisms are gorgeous and you are a genius! I just love to see what you have made next. Been hustling getting ready for the show after having my grandson here for 10 days. He is such a big help, but I was not able to concentrate as too much going on. No problem catching up though, and the time with him was great. grands are grand. Yes, I will pack my camera!

Lana Manis said...

There so lovely! I'm sure everything will be perfect for your show... be sure to take pics!

Anita said...

Super cute idea. I am a French lover so I may do that with some old Paris postcards- tres chic!

Thanks for sharing all your great ideas. Very inspiring.

I am getting ready for our first show of the seaosn here in the Midwest- at Kane County in Illinois0 still inside untilt he snow melts.

Anita

Jena Williams, Not So Shabby Interiors said...

I LOVE THOSE PRISMS!! They are enchanting so beautiful!! I am so glad I came upon your beautiful blog! I will be back!!!!!

sepiadreams said...

Love these crystals!!!!...Tiina...

Anonymous said...

I agree
you are a genius, talented gal. I love them, the prisma also the little mirrors.
I
Janice In Missouri