Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Fun find

Recently found this unusual welded piece.
Aside from the obvious use in adding round glass for the tabletop, the possibilities are abundant--especially if you are surrounded by lots of salvage junk to pick from (as I always seem to be, despite all my efforts to destash).
A glass top provides the most tabletop space but I love how this looks with the rusty gear in the center, while still adding some function (as long as the items placed on top aren't too small!).



I like this mixture of metals, textures and tones (large Pottery Barn charger in middle with my chicken wire spheres on top) in this arrangement, which transforms it from a table to a sculpture!

4 comments:

Naomi Rose Designs said...

Great find!

Sea Witch said...

You have the most creative and joyful eye. I adore the gear in the leaves and what fun this piece can be as it lends itself to so many variations. I hope to get out to the Braselton event this year. Wishing you a wonderful selling season.

NanaDiana said...

THAT is a very cool piece- LOVE it!!! xo Diana

Rustique Gal said...

A sweet find. I am enjoying looking at things with new eyes. You are very good at that!
Hugs,
Sherry