Friday, November 26, 2010

What I bought....

I don't show what I buy very often, because I mostly buy components to use in future projects....and they don't make much sense until I get them incorporated into something, but I thought I'd share a glimpse of my little haul this trip, anyway (I really need a bigger vehicle).

These three half-round baskets are my favorite purchase.....I broke my rules on these 'cuz I'm not
exactly sure what I will do with them yet! I try to have a definite plan before I buy something, or it will just end up on the already too-tall heap of "what do I do with this?".
I actually didn't buy much this trip, since I have a pretty strict criteria that I at least attempt to adhere to. Cost is the first consideration, and most of this stuff cost very little. I think the shadowbox and everything in it (including the exfoliating doll) was about 12.00.

The pocket watch casings were 5.00 each and the watch faces were 1.00 each.

This etched and decoratively framed old mirror cost about a third of what I can get for it in my market, which is better than I usually get.

I scored lots of great cardboard photos (some 3/1.00 and some 1.00 each) and various iron pieces....more components for projects.


I paid about average dealer price for this green bucket, but I loved it.....and I think it might just have to go on my front porch with a little fir tree in it!

This cool iron base was a few dollars, and I'm going to have trouble letting go of it too, at least for a little while (I usually part with everything eventually).

I'm gathering lamps like crazy because I make my photoholders, etc. out of them and I'm getting very close to finally offering them on-line!



I also bought some tall, narrow, chippy blue vintage doors with glass panels (they are too filthy to photograph), but walked away from tons of stuff I was on the fence about----better to err on the side of restraint in these times, right?

Now, if I could just get all my projects transferred from mind to reality!!


8 comments:

Gracie's Cottage said...

"Exfoliating doll" - ha!

What a great load of goodies; that bucket is dreamy...

Jan

Angela said...

All I can say is OOOOOH!! I can just imagine how great it will all be when you get finished with it!

vintagesue said...

i think my eyes just oozed tears because i couldn't stop staring at everything w/out blinking!!!!! I LOVE EVERYTHING. i'm so glad i'm not the only one that buys stuff that will find a purpose later. folks totally don't get it, but i love it!! the half baskets are my favorite too....i know you will just make everything splendid as you always do!!!! thanks for the sneak peek!!! you are always an inspiration.
sue

A Wild Thing said...

I simply don't know how a girl gets along without a trusty Ford pickup truck in this biz...I think it will take extreme old age for me to be without one...you just can't be sure what's out there waiting for the hauling...great stuff, I can feel your wheels turnin' all the way here in Ioway!!! Heehee...

s

Tricia @ Vintage No. 35 said...

Great deal on those watch faces! Love them!

A Treasured Past said...

Wow! Everything is perfect as is but once you have waved your creative magic they will be even more spectacular.

Unknown said...

Sassy....I love all of your finds! Cant wait to see what you do with them! How is the new job??? Tiff

ChiPPy-SHaBBy said...

I'll buy the IRON BASE!*!*! Way toooooo AwEsoMe!!!
Seriously Interest!!!
Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!