Monday, March 7, 2016

A backroads wander to the ocean

Take a little wander with me

on the backroads of Georgia and South Carolina


getting lost is half the fun
  driving east of the ATL
                                     

 following the seductive scent of the Atlantic ocean

  always a surprise along the way (no interstates allowed)

 a photographers dream




I found it while turning off on a side road




 my favorite sighting EVER -- if I blinked I would have missed it




church ruins near Beaufort SC


the low country never disappoints



driftwood heaven



  whale tail





I can almost see Morocco from the lighthouse

6 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Such a delightful post. It has been a long while since I stopped by. Good to see you here and love your photos. My goodness, this day slipped away quickly. Happy I saw your post was up. Have a beautiful week, xo

Bohemian said...

OMG I would be in 7th Heaven traveling these backroads and discovering the remnants of the Past so Beautifully left to be... here they tend to tear everything down and ruins rarely exist... such a pity, I find them to be hauntingly Lovely in their deteriorated state of being. Dawn... The Bohemian

Anonymous said...

So glad you are still here!! I saved a post from 2009 about the chickenwire dressform, and I closed my eyes and pushed HOME - and here you are!!!! Yay!!! Love your blog!!

sassytrash said...

Hi!!! Thank you so much for your kind words and returning to check out my blog!!! I took a hiatus for awhile and am trying to get back to blogging more! Thank you again Artmom!!!

sassytrash said...

Thanks so much Anne!!!! Really appreciate you stopping by!!

sassytrash said...

Hi Dawn!! Yes, I am addicted to the lovely ruins of these old places around the south! I love the backroads here--a step back in time!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your comments!!