Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tin Flower update.......

I had a request to show these tin collage flowers before they were painted, which got me thinking that even though I didn't like the shiny look, they do have that industrial thing going on..... so I left these as is, and........

.....then I made a wire wall garland to hang them on.

I painted these below a fleshy pink and put them on wire stakes.....


.......but I've run out of time to get to the other ones (at the top of the first picture) done. These were really fun to do though--give it a try if you have stacks of those jello molds and tart tins sitting around!

BTW.....to all you awesome cyber-sisters: THANK YOU so much for all your encouragement and kind comments the past few months!! I have been so freakin' busy since January.....and have stayed on the road or in the workshop, and haven't had much time to blog-visit! Aside from posting and job-hunting (I finally finished school) I don't seem to be on the computer much, and I sure miss everyone. You guys are the BEST!!

14 comments:

Recaptured Charm said...

I really am in love with these!!! I just love them in the natural tin look. Do you have them as a wall hanging in that picture? What an amazing wall hanging it would be. Love it.

trash talk said...

I feel ya girl...I've been MIA myself!
Love those flowers as is. The wall hanging is tres cool and as always so clever!
Debbie

A Wild Thing said...

Excuses, excuses...girl, you da bomb...we can't wait to see what you dig outta the trash next...you feed our souls!!!

Angela said...

I really love that wire garland...you are so smart...and I am going to try it!!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I love 'em!
I liked them painted white and now the fleshy pink,...but bare bones...gorgeous!

You shock and amaze my senses.

Anonymous said...

Perfect -- a huge impact. So gorgeous! Would you mind if I highlighted this project on the Boardwalk Blotter? The blotter is a notebook of my fav projects. You can see it here:

http://bobbypinsdesignotebook.blogspot.com/

If you could just let me know via email at bobbypinsboardwalk@yahoo.com, I would appreciate it.

Again, great job!

Angie @ thejunkranch said...

Great project. I know you had a blast doing them. They are wonderful both painted and natural!...love the garland.

Hopelessly Romantic Art Studio said...

Awesome flowers... I am totall into them lately :) I know what ya mean abouy computer time... it's spring and time to be outside!
blessings,
gerri

Weathered & Worn said...

Your tin flowers are really fun and creative!

Debra@CommonGround said...

I love your creativity. these flowers are just the cutest, love the garland and the wall art. Your photos are ALWAYS great, I have to go back through them and enlarge them all to get each little detail!
xo,
Debra

Anonymous said...

How charming....love those! Wish I could get by your place.

Prettypics123 said...

I love the content of your photos. Ever try photoshop to punch them up? (Responding to your comment about how you don't like the way your picture turn out.) You can see my photos at http://levonnesprettypics.blogspot.com/ Congrats for your blog of note status a few months back.

Alexa Lett said...

These flowers are fantastic...I might try to make a garland for my kitchen. Love them!

What I Say Matters! said...

I love your work!!! the picture frame!!! i want to put that somewhere!!! I might have to try a hand at it myself if you don't mind. thanks for the inspiration!