Friday, April 30, 2010

....and on the way to the mill......

......we passed this wonderful old homestead (no signs of occupancy), and in the large pasture adjacent to it was a herd of reindeer! (in the south? whatever) But I love dereliction photography, so I had to get some pics of this place. I think this would be a great renovation project.....the surrounding area is beautiful farmland and pretty old houses-very rural.

Great stone wall and posts in the front--added later, I think.

Awesome corbels and windows......

The little reindeer seem to be burdened under the weight of their antlers as we watched them walking.....

7 comments:

The Cottage said...

Love that ole house, your pictures make me want to come out there and save it!! We just don't see places like that here in Calif.

Have a great weekend !
Sandi

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

"Deriliction photography", I love it! Good call! I love that you took the time for some pics. Neat house. ~Mindy

stefanie said...

ooooo, I love that old house, if it was me, I would of tried to get in...and see all the suprises.

Roseanna said...

Oh, I hope someone will rescue this beautiful home and bring it back to life...just look at that fence in front, it was loved at one time!

Esther@fleurcottage said...

one of my 'unfulfilled' dreams is to fix/live in a place like that but we're beyond that now! :) but i can still dream...

wendy said...

Beautiful.
Ah, I would love to know the stories behind the house.
the history

afistfullofweeds* said...

I just do not understand why people just walk off and leave property unattended like that? I would love to have it!!