Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Photo prism project

These are a few of the finished prisms on a darker background that allows them to show up a little better..........(I added this photo later so it posted first--too lazy to do it all over, and haven't yet figured out how to edit existing posted photos--don't think you can on Blogspot, can you?)




I found these large glass prisms at an antique show last weekend--they are about 6" x 31/2" in size.




Used vintage architectural photos for the theme. Just cut out copies of your favorite photos, and decoupage them on the back, then add the wire and embellishments---I can't decide whether to add more hanging tiny stuff to them. (That is the fun part of blogging, you can see how it looks published, and make changes later if needed)








I can see a tiny old photo tucked into the wire on the front, or maybe some little dried flowers---By show time at Lakewood, I should have them adorned with all kinds of little treasures. (These were a little hard to photograph--don't forget you can click on the picture to enlarge)







7 comments:

countrycharisma said...

Hey Nancy. Your prisms are gorgeous and you are a genius! I just love to see what you have made next. Been hustling getting ready for the show after having my grandson here for 10 days. He is such a big help, but I was not able to concentrate as too much going on. No problem catching up though, and the time with him was great. grands are grand. Yes, I will pack my camera!

Laeriss said...

Bonjour,
Je vous remercie pour votre lien vers A Heart in Provence, j'en suis très flattée.
Je me suis permise de vous citer dans ma rubrique "My readers"
Amitiés.

Lana said...

There so lovely! I'm sure everything will be perfect for your show... be sure to take pics!

Anita said...

Super cute idea. I am a French lover so I may do that with some old Paris postcards- tres chic!

Thanks for sharing all your great ideas. Very inspiring.

I am getting ready for our first show of the seaosn here in the Midwest- at Kane County in Illinois0 still inside untilt he snow melts.

Anita

Jena Williams, Not So Shabby Interiors said...

I LOVE THOSE PRISMS!! They are enchanting so beautiful!! I am so glad I came upon your beautiful blog! I will be back!!!!!

sepiadreams said...

Love these crystals!!!!...Tiina...

Anonymous said...

I agree
you are a genius, talented gal. I love them, the prisma also the little mirrors.
I
Janice In Missouri